1950s vibrant rose print dress, a draped masterpiece in light as air silk jersey. Strapless gathered bodice with interior boning for structure. Loops at the sides hold the matching shawl that drapes dramatically into the length of the skirt. Nip waist with grosgrain waist stay. Full gathered skirt with fitted white rayon underskirt. Designed by Sophie Gimbel who was the head designer of Saks Fifth Avenue's inhouse couture boutique "Salon Moderne" from the 1930s - late 1960s.
- Size Small -
Bust: 34" - 36" ( best fits 36" bust)
Waist: 25" - 26"
Hips: 38" (measured at the lining)
Condition: Great! Presents beautifully.
- Some faint discoloration at the armpits with runs on the left side (see photo).
- Some snags and runs throughout that get lost in the bold print.
- A few tiny spots in the body of the dress, only found upon close examination
- Small tear at the base of the snaps. gets lost in the drape of the fabric and goes unnoticed when wearing
- discoloration, light wear and some small stains on the lining. Hand sewn seam repair at the kick pleat.
- A couple small holes that get lost in the volume.
- Some faint discoloration on the bodice Ships priority mail to all destinations, upgrades available at checkout.