1950s Christian Dior New York black faille dress. Gorgeous portrait collar, dolman sleeves, and a single cufflink style button closure. Nip waist, belt loops, pleating at front of skirt with hidden pockets. Fastens at the front of the skirt with a partial metal zipper, hook & eye and snaps at waist. Bra stays and interior grosgrain waist belt. Detachable collar and cuffs in a lightweight silk and cotton blend. Unlined. A stunning dress, iconic and distinctly Dior!
-Size Extra Small -
Bust: 34" - 35"
Labels: Christian Dior-New York Original / Blum's-North Chicago
Condition: Great! Presents beautifully!
- Some age discoloration to the collar and cuffs. A general yellowing with some minor spots here and there. Fabric wear and a couple small mends around the edges. Looks brighter in the photos than it appears in person.
- Iron sheen
- Button at waist is not original / one button replaced on inside of collar and one at the cuff, not exact matches
- some seam stress / fabric wear at the back pleat
- Small hole at the neck lining ( not seen when wearing )
- Fabric wear on the inside edge of the waist panel that folds over (where the label is located)
- A pinhead hole at the back of the bodice near the waist
- Some loose / broken stitches at back of waist - Stressed stitch where the bodice meets the waist.
- Fabric wear at the edges of the faille collar, as if something was originally sewn to them. - Missing original belt, should be worn with a belt as the fasteners at the waist are slightly visible.