1940s Victorian mourning theme novelty print dress depicting boots, doves, blue roses, lace doilies, and black hearts and bows. Fitted bodice with a crochet collar, neck ties and short puffed sleeves. Nip waist with self fabric sash and belt loops. Fitted hips with a pocket on the right seam. Long tiered skirt. Fastens with a metal zipper down the front of the bodice and partially into the skirt. Lightweight cotton.
- Size Extra Small - Allow room for ease of wear
Hips: 34" measured at the top of the tier 6.5" from the waist. This measurement falls right around the hip bones. If this measurement is too snug the pocket will not lay flat. The pocket itself seems slightly wonky and may need to be sewn down.
Low Hips: 50" + measured 9" from the waist
Sleeve Length: 8.5"
Sleeve Opening: 10"
- Two holes have been patched (at bodice and underarm) with self fabric and a fusible. Looks tidy from the outside with some residue at the interior. May need to be replaced with wear. See photos.
- Seams have been repaired in the bodice. There is barely any seam allowance.You will want to wear the dress a bit loose so as not to pop the seams.
- A few tears to the fabric covering the zipper
- Some overall fading with a few splotchy areas
- A couple small holes
- Imperfect repair at the bottom of the pocket with a small tear. The pocket may need to be sewn down to fall correctly.
- Some wear and a mend to the collar. One neck tie is shorter than the other. Care: Hand wash. If the patches comes loose, they can be ironed from the back side to re-bond. When ironing the patches and the area slightly around them, use a piece of wax paper between the dress and the iron to avoid a sticky situation!