Rare 1930s Chanel Adaptation dress with gorgeous gathering and bishop sleeves accented with embroidered cord trim and bronze studs. Gored skirt. Self fabric buttons and ties at the back of the neck. Metal snaps and hook & eye closure at the side. Rayon.
Note: This dress in not a Chanel original but a licensed reproduction or design loosely based on a Chanel original. Chanel gave out a limited number of these licenses and was very particular about who received them.
- Size Small - Medium - Shown on a size 4 dress form.
Bust: 36" - 38"
Sleeve Length: 25.5"Condition: Great!
-Fading / unevenness to the color, lighter at the sides and sleeves. Does not detract from the beauty of the piece. I find it to be less noticeable in person.
- Missing button at back of neck
- A couple pinhead holes
- Subtle darkening / staining at the armpits and on the back of the left sleeve.
- Dark line around the bottom of skirt from an old hem
- Elastic has lost some stretch at the wrists yet still maintains it shape
Note: Sleeves have been lightly stuffed to display volume.